Nelsensius Klau Fauk
Experiences: A few years of experience as a staff and manager of HIV/AIDS unit at a local nongovernmental organisation in Belu district, with the core
responsibilities for program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Have worked on a number of HIV/AIDS programs at district level.
Skills: Diversified set of skills in program planning, monitoring and evaluation, intervention development, qualitative research design, qualitative data analysis,
Research Interests: Social determinants of health including behavioural, socio-cultural, religious, environmental, economic and political factors that contribute to
health and ill-health, HIV/AIDS, health inequalities.
Contact (e-mail) : nelsen_klau at yahoo.com
Associate Fellows - IRGS (Institute of Resources Governance and Social Change) (www.irgsc.org)
- Master of Health Education and Promotion Maastricht University – The Netherlands [2015 – 2016]
- Master of Health and International Development, Flinders University – Adelaide, Australia. [2012 – 2013]
- Master of Rural Development and HIV/AIDS,University of Applied Science Van Hall Larenstein – Wageningen, The Netherlands [2009-2010]
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Widya Mandira Catholic University – Kupang, Indonesia. [2002 – 2006]
Key Selected Publication
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk et. al. 2016. Understanding the strategies employed to cope with increased numbers of AIDS-orphaned children in families in rural settings:
a case of Mbeya Rural District, Tanzania. Infectious Diseases of Poverty
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk, Ify Achebe, Lillian Mwanri, Sukma Putra & Maria Silvia Mery (2016) ‘Effectiveness of food support interventions in improving the nutritional
status of people living with HIV in developing countries: a systematic review’ in Health Systems and Policy Research, Vol. 3(4): 32
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk & Lillian Mwanri (2015) ‘Inequalities in addressing the HIV epidemic: the story of the Indonesian ojek community’ in International Journal of
Human Rights in Healthcare, Vol. 8(3), Pp.144-159.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk & Lillian Mwanri (2014) ‘Individual and contextual risk factors of the HIV pandemic in young adults. A cese of school, college and university
students in China’ in International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 578-597.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk & Lillian Mwanri (2014) ‘Economic and environmental determinants of ojek’s susceptibility to HIV infection’ in International Journal of
Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences and Bio Medical Sciences, Vol. 3(1), pp. 291-300.
[Work in Progress] - Forthcoming
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk, Sukma Putra, Maria Silvia Mery, Mitra Andhin Sigilipoe & Lillian Mwanri ‘A qualitative study on what influences the intention of Men who
have Sex with Men to participate involuntary counselling and HIV testing, and access free condoms in Indonesia’ in AIDS Reviews.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk, Silivano Edson Mwakinali & Lillian Mwanri, ‘The economic impact on families caring for AIDS-orphaned children in Mbeya Region
Tanzania’ in International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk, Maria Silvia Mery, Mitra Andhin Sigilipoe, Sukma Putra & Lillian Mwanri ‘Culture, Social Networks and HIV Transmission among Men Who
Have Sex with Men (MSM) in Indonesia’ in PloS One.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk, Rik Crutzen, Lillian Mwanri Maria Silvia Mery, Mitra Andhin Sigilipoe, & Sukma Putra ‘Exploring determinants of unprotected sexual
behaviours favouring HIV transmission among Men who Have sex with Men in Yogyakarta, Indonesia’ in Global Public Health.
- Agustinus Seran Berek & Nelsensius Klau Fauk, (2010), Menggugat Hati Nurani Sang Koruptor, Bintang Lima: Kupang, Indonesia.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk, Gregorius Mau-Bili Fernandez, Fabianus Lau, Baltasar Mali-Tae, Daniel Seran & Fidelis Seran Tetik (2008), HIV/AIDS, PMS dan
Masyarakat Kita, Gita Kasih: Kupang, Indonesia.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk (2008), Pendidikan Katolik, Gita Kasih: Kupang, Indonesia.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk (2006), Pendidikan Integral, Pendidikan Yang Memahami Manusia, Komunitas Mata Air: Surabaya, Indonesia.
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk (2006), Mutiara-Mutiara Cinta dan Kebijaksaan, Lima Bintang: Kupang, Indonesia
- Nelsensius Klau Fauk (2015), “Sosial Determinan Kesehatan dan Kebijakan Kesehatan Lintas Sektor” dalam E. Bria, AK. Bria, H. Seran (eds) Membangun
Indonesia Dari Pinggiran, Kandil Semesta: Bekasi, Indonesia.
- HIV Research in Eastern Indonesia (IRGSC/ Since 2014]
- Sumber Kasih Foundation - HIV/AIDS unit (2006 – 2009)
- Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Kesehatan Nusa Atambua - Indonesia - Lecturer (2014-2015)
- Akademi Keperawatan Belu, Atambua - Indonesia - Lecturer (2014 – 2015)