First Indonesian Ecological Change Conference I
[See Bahasa Version]
CALL for Paper
The first national conference on Ecological Change will be held in Kupang City, NTT, Indonesia, on 21-22 October 2014. The
main topic for 2014 is “Ecological Change of River and Rivers in Indonesia and West Timor and their impact on flood
management” [Special attention will be given to Benanain watershed management - See the Ecological Change map of Benanain
in the last 10 years]
The accepted paper and presented paper will be published in a conference proceeding.
The topics are free but the priority is given to the following topics:
• Analysis of bio-physical system and risk anatomy of watershed
• Flood mitigation scenario
• Socio-Economic impact of flood
• Adaptation strategies of community against the flood
• Inter-regional approach to handling watershed
• Political and socio-cultural dimensions of water management in Indonesia and West Timor
• Approach of water risks and studies according to the perspective of non-traditional security
The process and guidelines for the participants:
• The participants are expected to submit abstracts (< 300 words).
• Abstract is accepted by the committee no later than August 15, 2014.
• Notification of acceptance of the submitted abstract will be made no later than August 30, 2014.
• Papers can follow any standard format or the standardized writing style. The reference system will use Harvard model.
• The submitted paper is no more than 3,000 words (included tables, figures/charts, and references)
• The selected papers, presentation, and participants curriculum vitae should be accepted by the committee no later than
September 10, 2014.
• The participants also can prepare other innovative presentation method.
The guidelines for abstract writing:
• Abstract should represent the main idea in the full paper in less than 300 words.
• The abstract outline is consisting of aims (writing/research/case studies, etc.), design/methodology/approach that is used,
result, and recommendation.
• Abstract should write down the full name and email address of the participant.
Scientific Committee [tentative]:
• Dr. Saut Sagala (Bandung Institute of Technology)
• Dominggus Elcid Li, PhD (Universitas Pelita Hati Kupang)
• Dr. Ermi Ndoen (UNICEF Kupang)
• Dr. Jonatan Lassa (Institute of Resource Governance and Social Change)
E‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The subject column is filled with “The First NC on Ecological Change” <selected writing title or topic>
Or by post mail to:
Panitia Konferensi Nasional Perubahan Ekologis I
d/a. Kantor IRGSC, Jl. Wolter Monginsidi No. 2 Kupang-NTT
The deadline for abstract submission : August 15, 2014
The announcement of selected abstracts : August 30, 2014
The submission deadline of completed paper : September 10, 2014
The dates for the conference are still tentative, October 21 – 22, 2014.
The non-paper participants:
Participant without papers can be registered via e‐mail at the firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com cc: oktaviana.
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 1, 2014. The registration will be closed in case the number of participants has met
the room capacity.
The participants are to be responsible for their sponsorship and their own logistical need during the conference.
External financial support is accepted - open to both public and private sponsor.
Photo: courtesy of John Talan